[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Friday, June 5, 2009

Guys DON'T like Sweet Tomatoes

Not that my whole life revolves around food or anything...ok but sometimes it really does.
I was just reminded a moment in my life, recently, when we a group of us went out to eat at Sweet Tomatoes...Love that place. Basically it is a salad buffet with salads (obviously) soups, muffins, pizza (only on kind though), and random other stuff.. and let us not forget about the dessert bar because that would be shame.
Well like I said, we went there a while ago for a friend's goodbye party and two of the guys that we were with...well...let's just say they were less than impressed at the lack of food staples I guess are supposed to be in a guys diet like meat, hamburgers, potatoes and all else that is "not girly" or whatever that means.
So the whole dinner was quite entertaining because they were so put off by the place...but then they realized their was a dessert bar. Duh...girls love dessert. So, when one of the guys return with his ice cream he started eating it and looked at myself and said "what is this? this doesn't taste like ice cream." which I then replied with a "duh" look on my face "it's nonfat."
Well at this point there was a fat pause and the looks on their faces were priceless and even worthy of a movie moment. They were faces of unbelief mixed in with a little disgust and disbelief. Well played.
Thought I would just share yet another little moment that makes life as awesome as it is.

Always Yours,
Nae

1 comment:

  1. it's not that we don't enjoy it under the right company...but as you said we just need those staples. it was fun though don't get me wrong.

    ReplyDelete