[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Monday, November 19, 2012

I wish I was too good for reality TV...

Let's just get it all out there. I enjoy reality television to a point. I wish I was more sophisticated and could say that I was too good for that crap, but I'm not. Don't let your imagination run too wild; I mean, I don't watch Jersey Shore. Since The Hills, I have stayed away from MTV altogether. And I don't think I have seen a full season of most of these shows.

Alright, I am done defending myself. Well, almost.

I wouldn't say I am addicted to this usually sad, sad representation of American life but have you seen some of these gems? Intervention anyone? Hoarders? A&E are reality television masters. I will advise you stay away from the obsession one... My Crazy Obsession on TLC... I saw one episode about an "adult baby" and I have never been the same.


my-crazy-obsession-baby-tlc.jpgSee? It's absolutely horrifying. It literally makes my stomach feel all sorts of uncomfortable.

He is an (over) grown man, that is pretending to be a baby... Is this creepy to anyone else?

The worst part about this episode? When he had a custom onesie made. Ew.


Moving on. Let me just say that I am grateful for my friends who gladly partake in this activity with me. 

Some reality TV treasures? In my opinion - and please forgive my bad taste - I have enjoyed many a moment with some fine folks bonding over a scripted reality TV debacle. (Side note, what does scripted reality TV mean? I really don't know). 

Alright, to start off the list of The Best of the Worst, we have a show I was able to discover just last night.

Made in Chelsea:
Think The Hills...but more money... and they are British.
Honestly, some of the stuff that comes out of these people's mouths are unbelievable. Seriously unbelievable. We had to rewind it to make sure it was really happening.

Hoarders: 
You know there is a dead cat in there somewhere right?
Oh this show freaks me out. I found it to be very helpful to watch while I was packing and moving. I threw away a ton of useless stuff and made moving that much easier. Bonus.

Married to Jonas:

Which Jonas Brother is that? 
I don't know anything about the Jonas Brothers, I never got into them. But that doesn't mean that this show isn't a nice way to unwind every once in a while. I think I have only seen two episodes. I know what you are thinking, "two episodes too many." Be original, that joke is tired.

Intervention:
Your family LOVES you!
This show is so good, and so depressing. Don't get sucked into a marathon of this show! Remember that torrential downpour of dark emotions anyone? Emily? Elizabeth?

Survivor:

Jeff, you always know what to say.
Yes, this show may have lost it's edge... after the first season. However, I got into it a few years back, and I am not upset about that. Every episode, I just wish I could try those challenges with my friends and family, and maybe my enemies so I can show them what's up.

Alright, that's it. I have only one left that I want to mention. I'm sure I missed out on all of your favorites, for my friends that will degrade their lives with such trash...

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills:


I'm sorry, but this show is so great. Kyle is my favorite. Is this show ridiculous? Of course it is! That's what makes it so fun. That's what makes most of these so fun.

I have shared too much. You all judged me didn't you? Dang.




*I couldn't include any food related shows, because that is a post all its own.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been prouder! This is one our most important connecting points. I love to hate and love to love every show you mentioned except for Survivor. I, would no doubt be addicted if I ever saw it. You forget to mention how reality television bonded you eternally to your best mate... We need to talk sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. My apologies! You are my best mate and I love sharing reality television with you. "Your eyelashes look extraordinary..."

      Delete