[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Friday, June 5, 2009

Dunkin Donuts...or is it really Dancin Donuts

This morning, there was a little rehabilitation needed after the late night...or early morning. However you want to look at it. Emmilie and I decided that the thing to get us going would be a little trip to the local Dunkin Donuts. Huzzah for clogging of the arteries!
Anyway, we were walking over there and ran into a faithful jogger with his shirt off...they are all over here in sunny Florida. He ran off in the opposite direction so it was the last I thought we would see of him...but I was wrong, as usual. We will call him Billy.


We get to Dunkin Donuts, we decide to get 2 donuts and a chocolate milk. I go up to order and the lady is a a bundle of joy, except the complete opposite. She stared me down, asked me what I want, and I said "can I get two donuts please?" And in her lovely voice, devoid of all happiness she said that I could not. Let's just say my confused/you're crazy face came on. She said I had to get a drink to get a free donut...when did I say I wanted a free donut? Oh, that's right, I didn't. But whatever. So I asked for a chocolate milk and two donuts. But one of the donuts was on the forbidden bottom shelf. Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances as for a donut from the bottom shelf because those are off limits. Basically it was not fun and it was the most confusing ordering I have ever done pretty much ever. Awesome.
I finally get it together and we sit down at the bar looking out at the street. Now, do you remember Billy? Well there he was running down the road...in the same direction that he was going before. I still have no idea how he made it all the way to dunkin donuts to turn around and head down the same direction he was going before in such a short amount of time. Because, let's be honest, he wasn't the most sprightly runner I have ever seen.
Moving on... this Dunkin Donuts trip really was an adventure to say the least.
This place was playing a collection of random Black Eyed Peas music mixed with a little hip-hop and R&B...it was definately a different atmosphere than the Starbucks I was used to...let's just put it that way mmmk?
So Boom Boom Pow comes on and these two guys come in who were a tad ghettofab and one starts busting moves right in the middle of the shop. Awesome. So what did we do? Kinda joined in a little from our bar stools as any true dance party advocates would.
Basically, I don't think I could have asked for a better Dunkin Donuts experience.

Always Yours
Nae

2 comments:

  1. i wanna go to DD! lol sounds like a good old time!

    did you know rach is down there?
    and my old roommate valerie schultess will be working at disneyworld soon

    ReplyDelete