[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Do You Have A Watchbox?

Well, I no longer am an employee of Walt Disney World. And as I have had to tell many people this week, it is bitter sweet. As the day gets closer to when I fly out of this humid, hot, and creepy-albino-lizard infested place, I get more excited and yet I get even more sad.

My playground is going to shrink quite dramatically and I can no longer go bum around in the parks for a couple of hours just because I can. But at the same time, I am not going to be treated like a ticking time bomb either. By that I mean, when people find out that I am a college program employee of disney people won't automatically see me as someone whose time is running out. I am excited to be in a place where there seems to be some progression in friendships, relationships and life in general. Not that those things don't happen here, just maybe not as much and not to as many people.

I am ready to move on to my next adventure and to get back to reality, and let's face it I am so ready to get back to my car. It has been a great experience and I am so glad to have met everyone (except Sean and Donald, the jerks from work) that I did and to have had as much fun as I did and have as many crazy jokes as I did...like "Do you happen to have a watchbox?" (ask me later)

But I can't help thinking that this is just the tip of the iceberg and that things are going to just get better from here on out. I get to see my best friends in a matter of days and meet up with more friends in the fall. I am going to be living in a new apartment with all new roommates...ah... but I couldn't be more excited. My classes are going to kick my trash and I get to wear whatever color nail polish that I want! HA!

I will miss my friends, driving really fast, lightning and thunder, laughing ALL the time, midnight movies (which I may or may not sleep through) snuggling with a monkey, Ghiradelli free samples, mini golf, twistie treat, beaches, swimming, feeling like I am on vacation all the time, Sunday socials, temple trips, Wendy's, secret texts, my disney poncho, dancing and singing it out ALL the time, dunkin donuts...oh excuse me dancin donuts, aaannnd soooooo much more but I am running out of time.

So, basically it has been amazing. I am going to miss it all so much but I am so excited for everything that is ahead of me.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment