[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Teeter-Totters

I love teeter-totters. I do. They were so much fun when I was younger, and maybe it was my love for that great playground equipment that somehow caused my subconscious to say, "hey, you know what? she liked these things so much, why not just make her life one big teeter-totter experience." Awesome. Thanks for that. I blame myself really. How could I not? It's just how it has to go. Not just any teeter-totter, but a teeter-totter where my counterpart is a little bit heavier than me so they have the most control. They won't let me get down from said teeter-totter when I want, because they are laughing at me from the ground and think it is funny to see me start to freak out because I can't get down, and there I am stuck 10 feet off the ground. It's fun for a while and we laugh for a while together, but sooner or later you want to be closer to the ground. You want to be closer to the ground because the longer you are up there the longer you think about the fall to the ground and you know that eventually it is going to come.

So,one minute it is all going well and you are working together having a great time and then life (or someone in your life) decides to pull a fast one on you and leaves you hanging up in the air, and once you beg for it to let you down, it bails on you completely so you go crashing down to the ground. If you are lucky your parents or your friends are there to help you up, maybe kiss your owie or give you a band aid, or punch the kid who did it to you. That's if you are lucky. Sometimes you try and brush off the dirt before anyone sees what happened, and even though the sting is still there, you are at least glad that no one can tell it is there. But after that happens you are always a little more wary about getting back on that teeter-totter, and yet you still do thinking it will be different this time. You think to yourself things like I am not going to lose control, I am not going to get distracted, I am going to rock this teeter-totter. That's right. Hm wrong!

Anyway, all I am saying is right now that is how life feels, constantly the back and forth motion, the constant up and down. But that is life right? All I am saying is why can't I just stay away from that blasted teeter-totter, or at least pick something/someone who won't be a stupid fat kid. Let's work together on this one mmmk?

Always Yours
Nae

2 comments:

  1. wow, i like the symbolism here... funny stuff. but hey that's life... or something like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what happened to pull this stuff out of that oveactive imaginative mind of yours? Mom

    ReplyDelete