[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Monday, July 6, 2009

How the Chinese Fire Drill Got It's Name

This is probably one of my favorite moments in my life. And yes I am sad to say it is a little racist...not trying to be offensive or anything so please forgive me for finding this ironic and funny.

So, moving on. A few summers ago I had to make a 15 minute commute; not bad right? Wrong. It would take 45-60 minutes with the traffic which means you would just sit in your car and make awkward eye contact with the cars next to you when they caught you people watching. Whatever, it isn't like no one else does it.

It was on one of these occasions that I was sitting in my car, listening to my music (which totally made the trip bearable), my car at a complete stop, when something caught my eye about two cars ahead of me. I saw these two people get out of the driver and passenger side and walk around the car and switch places...right in the middle of traffic...and the best part- THEY WERE TOTALLY CHINESE! bahahahahahahaha

Judge me all you want for finding this extremely funny and laughing about it still 2 years later. But at least you all know why they are called Chinese Fire drills =)

Always Yours,
Nae

1 comment:

  1. ok, i don't think that i can hang out with some one that is as racist as you are j/k don't worry about it it's fine...how about the time that the freakin' red honda wanted to race me, or the motorcycle...j/k anyways i enjoyed reading that blog!~

    ReplyDelete