[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blast From the Past....Month

So, a few moments ago I was reminded of a little anecdote that happened to me just this past month. I was at my computer when I realized that my shoulders were definitely showing potential of peeling again. Ew. NOT AGAIN. NO. So I ran to the bathroom to prevent said shedding of skin and lather up with lotion. During this process, Emmilie and I were taken back a few weeks when we were at the Orlando Mall. The story goes a little something like this:

We are in the girls bathroom and I was stressed out about my peeling situation because I think it is disgusting and it was a first for me. I never get enough sun to even have to worry or think about peeling. So all day I was stressing a tad about is and was very self conscious about the whole ordeal. I felt that everyone just knew that I was peeling and thought I was atrocious or something similar. So, we are in the girls bathroom when I just can't contain my disgust and say, fairly loudly,"I LOOK LIKE A LEPER" hmmmm, so happens at the moment of this very unfortunate outburst, my timing with the universe was off. Let me explain-at that moment, in the fairly large, vastly occupied bathroom, not one person was talking, flushing a toilet, cranking the lever for paper towels, using the deafening hand dryers, or being noisy at the sink. It was awkward because everyone could hear my outburst perfectly and everyone looked at me a little strangely. So of course we did what we do best in situations that are as awesome as these, we laughed.

Always Yours,
Nae

No comments:

Post a Comment