[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Keep away from children


This is the most boring thing I could find
Apparently I am not to be trusted with sharp objects. In the course of twenty-four hours I managed to injure myself twice. Not to make it sound like they were anything serious because they weren't, I am just a huge wimp.

I cut myself on my left palm in the perfect spot. And by that I mean even though it wasn't even deep, it kept on re-opening. Yay.

The next night, I was washing another knife and I somehow accomplished almost flaying my whole right thumb. I am obviously incompetent... and I had no idea. It's a good thing the knives that I own are horribly dull. Still, I thought I was old enough to handle holding a knife.

I guess that seems to be the regular theme of my life these days! I thought I was old enough to handle a lot of things. I, uh, I think I was wrong.

I hate to sound cliche, but it seems that sounding cliche has become my thing. As a kid, you are always imitating things, finding ways to appear older, to be more mature; although, it always seems to make you seem more like a child. I even remember thinking that I was mature and so "grow up". Hahahahaha.

Yeah, right.

Now as as a so-called adult (still laughable) I feel more like a child than ever before. Sometimes not fully equipped to appropriately handle what life throws at me.

My life is simple, yet complicated. A situation may seem simple, but my mind loves to turn such situations into a complete mess of thoughts and emotions. So, I am standing there, doing something as simple as washing a knife and next thing I know I have cut myself.

This was not my first knife washing experience. I have done it so many times before and had walked away without causing myself bodily harm, but it only takes one time to do some damage. It only takes one second of being distracted before you loose a thumb.

I realize that in this life we run into different obstacles and most of the time we are able to walk away without a scratch. Thinking nothing of what you just walked through.

While in other cases, we get hurt. I believe getting hurt is a necessary part of the human existence.  And sometimes, the pain we experience is a product of our own.

I'm not saying to not wash knives! I'm just saying, to myself more than anyone, to be careful when you do it... and pay attention. Even minor cuts hurt.

 



2 comments:

  1. And sometimes the first cut is the deepest... Thank you Sheryl Crow! I just want you to know, going to Walgreens and getting the perfect fitting, fabric band-aid was a highlight. As always I love you!

    ReplyDelete