[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Thursday, June 16, 2011

i dedicate this post to t$

It's June 16th and this is a very special day. Today is the day that my beautiful sister Tara, also known as t$, was born! So my post today is dedicated to her. 
 
My sister Tara is one of the coolest people that I know and I am not just saying that because she's my sister or because she secretly aspires to be like P!NK.


We have been through a lot together. She's the reason that I take long drives for no reason at all; she is the reason that I always die my hair when I get stressed out; she is the reason that I have awesome reflexes; she's the reason for a lot of things. 

as you can see, we are usually extremely serious when together
But really though, my sister Tara is one of the nicest people I know. I was really sad when she left for college, partly because I couldn't borrow her clothes anymore, but also because I was going to miss her. She used to write me letters from college and take me out when she came home. She has always, ALWAYS supported me in everything that I have done. She has always been there for me, when I am happy, she celebrates with me, when I'm down, she helps me get back up, and she threatens to beat people up who are mean to me (just kidding). She's the kind of older sister that everyone should have.

I was performing a lot in high school and junior high and I had all these different events, and no matter what she was doing, where she was she would always call me or pull me aside and give me a pep talk. I remember one time it was her senior prom and when others would be focusing on themselves, she focused on me, an awkward, nervous adolescent.



I call her almost everyday and she still answers the phone, even though she knows I usually have nothing but nonsense to say. And for the record, she actually let me borrow her clothes, I didn't have to steal them from her closet! How awesome is that? 

Also, she doesn't judge me because I love the reality TV show Survivor, in fact she even tried watching it once and now we share that love. And she didn't judge me when I was craving puffy cheetos and bought some; she ate them with me to the point of farctate [the state of being stuffed with food (overeating)]!


Anyway, my sister rocks. She is just someone that you always want around and I cannot wait to see her in 22 days! Yes, I am counting down. You would too if your sister was as awesome as she is. Happy birthday Tara! I love you.

2 comments:

  1. AWWW! NAE IS THE COOLEST EVER!!! *tear wipe* Thanks Nae! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have a sister like you that appreciates a sister like me? That was such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete