[tid-bit] –noun 1. a choice or pleasing bit of anything

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Opportunity Knocks….but Sometimes Not Very Loudly.

I have had a good week. No, a GREAT week. I have been so completely astonished by how well everything in my life is going this semester. Everything that I have wanted to do, everything that I have really wanted for myself has so far worked out…well minus about one thing, but I am in no hurry. And the fact that I am no longer tan…Whatever. Even my problems aren’t that hard for me to cope with…at least at the moment, I am sure I will have a five minute pity party sometime next week, but then I will be ready to move on and see just how great my life is and has been.

I have been given so many opportunities by coming to BYU-I. I know I wouldn’t have had these chances if I had gone somewhere else. But a big part of me knows that you have to take advantage of these opportunities now, before they are gone because they won’t be around waiting for you.

I don’t know where this “seize the day” attitude came from, but I am glad that it is here. Maybe it is because I got my first massage today and it was heaven. Maybe it is because I just ate  a delicious peach. Maybe it is because I just watched the Relief Society conference. But maybe, just maybe it is because I am listening to the Free Willy theme song. Sing it Michael.

Whatever it is. Please bless that it will stay.

3 comments:

  1. Shanae - I just watched that video of Michael Jackson - childhood. I felt so sad for him. I also watched the RS broadcast and felt so blessed to have seen it. I ate a yummy nectarine when I got home and it too was good. We are on the same wave here......haha
    Hope your mood last, it is always great to recognize our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, we pretty much had the same day =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to talk to you and find out what is going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete